The craziness of life has left me without much time for blogging. But the multi-tasker in me decided that I might again find my voice in the written word as I sit on hold with IRS. This phone call has lasted 84 minutes and counting. At least I've got a good quality speaker phone so I can type and still say "thank you" every fifteen minutes when they take me off hold to let me know that they're still working on it.
James came home to get a quick nap in before studying for his last final. I think he also came home to try and rescue the wife that looked terribly overwhelmed. He did a wonderful job of getting the little one to nap. He is now napping himself. I should be napping as well, snuggling up next to my honey. But instead, I am on the phone with IRS.
The lady on the phone told me that I don't owe anything, that I have a zero balance, and that the IRS is requesting that I return $600 of our refund. She does not seem to understand why I find that puzzling. I am trying to get a written statement from the IRS before I send in my dough, she doesn't think I need one and says she can't get me one. She thinks that the service center can get back with me in about 30 days and can't tell me what penalties will be incurred if this isn't taken care of before 12/31/09.
Let me tell you how lovely I think it is that 93 minutes of time with a sleeping baby in the house and a husband (that I haven't seen in weeks) at home, was just wasted on a government agency that just can't seem to make a lick of sense. I am sick to my stomach and more cranky than is healthy.
My husband came home to relieve some stress and I am now emotionally on FIRE!
I am going to take a few deep breaths, eat a few MORE chocolate crinkle cookies, search medicine cabinet for pain killers, and try to remember that life goes on. I may or may not ever see the bottom of the hamper. But that's not really what I want for Christmas anyway.
Mostly, I'd just like to stop putting my kids on hold and spend some time with them being happy.
It is possible right?


2 comments:
Just send a batch of your famous chocolate crinkle cookies to that lady and I am sure she will call it even. Them are some goooood cookies!
Yeah it's possible, but I'm not the one with the answer. Other stuff has got my mind melted, or perhaps frozen and wondering when I'll be a "nice" Mom again with patience and a playful attitude.
Let me know if you figure out the answer.
Meanwhile, I kiss 'em lots and say sorry lots and try to tell myself that tomorrow is a NEW day and maybe will be THE day that I become ME again.
luvs, aby
Post a Comment