Saturday, November 19, 2011

Selfishly Sad

I am feeling selfishly sad tonight after learning that a friend has headed home to meet his Father in Heaven.  Les Lovesee has finished his fight with cancer and is no longer in pain.  He was ready to go and asked that we pray for it to be over quickly.  He was in so much pain.  I should be glad that his suffering has ended but I am sad.  I am sad for our loss.  I am sad that my dear friend Kathie will have to go on without her sweetheart by her side.  I am sad for the little ones who will miss grandpa and for the daughters who will mourn their dad

What I want to remember about Les:  1) His love for and understanding of the gospel.  I first came to know Les when he was called as our Sunday School teacher.  He was the best there ever was at this!  He really knew what he was teaching.  He opened my eyes to a greater understanding so many times.  2) His constant service to those around him.  I remember a few late nights at the church painting sets accompanied by Les who was taking care of audiovisual details.  He magnified every calling he was given.  I especially enjoyed hearing from him at the pulpit as a member of the bishopric, bearing his testimony and offering his insights.  3) Lastly, I will remember his wit.  Les has a terrific sense of humor.  His chuckle is the best.

Tonight I am thankful for my knowledge that families are eternal.  I am comforted in knowing that Heavenly Father has answered our prayers for Les and ended his suffering.  I am grateful to know that I will see Les again.  I pray that the veil between here and the spirit world will be thin for Kathie, and that she will feel Les watching over her.  I also pray that Heavenly Father will help me to be mindful of her needs as she mourns.  I was once Kathie's visiting teacher.  She is now mine.  She was one of the most diligent primary teachers, and Daniel was blessed to be in her class for some time.  I consider her a dear friend and pray for her tonight. 

2 comments:

kate said...

Oh Les! We knew he was suffering and we will miss him so! We will pray for Kathie and his sweet children.

Holly said...

I'm sorry for your loss and that of your dear friend.

Site Tracker

Who's Watching and Where Are You?

Stat Counter