Well I've been tagged by a friend. This game requests that I post 7 random facts about my life and then "tag" 7 friends to do the same. So, here goes...
1 - I had a blue Dodge Omni hatchback in college that was totaled by the 3-year-old son of an uninsured, unlicensed, crack addict as the toddler drove a stolen 78 buick over a tree, narrowly avoiding a pedestrian, and then into my Omni. True story.
2 - All my life, until I had children, my belly button was an outie.
3 - In kindergarten, I had a crush on a boy named John because his name was the same as my favorite grandpa. The crush ended when I saw him color on his saltine cracker with a crayon and then eat it. From that point on he was too weird for me.
4 - My two sisters and I used to spend hours in the backyard as children, pretending that we were P.G.s (Power Girls) with super powers. It was our job to control the elements such as wind and rain to destroy the evil cloud pigs and rescue the friendly people of Chips Ahoy land.
5 - James and I went on our first date June 1st, 2000 and were engaged by June 7th of the same year.
6 - When I worked as an R.A. for the on-campus housing at UM-St. Louis, I was once awakened by a Serbian exchange student who ran into the stairwell swearing in at least two languages, because he had just instantly flooded his unit and the unit below it by hanging his clothes on one of the emergency sprinkler heads in his bedroom. There's just nothing like seeing an angry Serbian who's soaked to the bone and realizing that it is going to be your job to explain to him what that bill is going to look like.
7 - I once lost a beauty contest (actually, I came in 2nd) to a gay man who we later learned was "in-cahoots" with a member of the panel of judges. So sad. :(
It's amazing how events in one's life can be so much funnier in hind-sight.
Power girls -- away!
Alright, now it's your turn Laura Finlinson, Annie Edwards, Amber Jensen, Allison Shepherd, Holly Chase, Sheri Kimlinger, and Jenn Wehrmeister. Please post your 7 facts. I can't wait to hear the dirt on you gals!


1 comment:
ha ha ha - I loved the story of the serbian exchange student. We have had a few of those funny times with students when we managed - though I don't think that bad!
You are the coolest! Thanks for playing!
Kristy
Post a Comment