Saturday, February 2, 2008

I Will Miss You.

Today, my family will attend the funeral of the sweet prophet Gordon B. Hinkley, president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am so deeply saddened by this great loss. This man, though we've never met face to face, has had such a tremendous impact on my life. He has brought peace and happiness into my home. As I have followed his counsel, I have grown in my relationships with my husband, my family, and my Savior. He has rescued me from trying times with his sweet messages of love. My heart is always filled with joy when I hear his voice over the pulpit. He has made us all laugh, and he has surely made us all, who follow him, better people. President Hinkley will be known as the temple building prophet who scattered the world with sacred Houses of the Lord in which families will be sealed together for eternity. I was sealed to my sweetheart in the St. Louis, Missouri LDS Temple, dedicated by President Hinkley. I have been at many temple dedications and followed our prophet as he led in the hosanna shout. How I look to the glorious day when we will meet again and together shout, "Hosanna! Hosanna! To God and the Lamb!" Thank you, dear prophet, for all you have given us. We are happy that you have returned to be with your sweetheart and will miss you so.

The following link is a tribute to this great man and his work in building the Kingdom of God: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DONH655IR1E&watch_response

No comments:

Site Tracker

Who's Watching and Where Are You?

Stat Counter