I love Tonka trucks, Legos, and movies like "Cars." I think transformers are really cool toys, as are anything Nerf. I think Ghostbuster themed birthday parties are awesome and I love the boys' retro airplane style room. I may be the only mom who thinks the clothes in the boys section are the cutest and the most fun to buy. This most likely stems from my desire to shop in the men's section. Cargo khakis and really comfy ringer tees should be acceptable attire for all of us. While I don't mind the way my legs look in a killer pair of heels, I do mind how my toes feel by the time I take them off.
While we're on the topic of heels... am I the only woman who feels moments away from a face plant when 5 months pregnant and wearing a 3 inch heel? I am naturally clumsy to begin with. Add this to an unequal distribution of weight and the fact that a little person has found my uterus to be the perfect environment for cartwheels and Taebo, and you will discover the fear that my face will very soon meet the carpet.
I am also relieved to know that James and I now have half as many names to argue about. And yes, there will be arguing. I will not submit to the idea that this little acrobat should be named Zerubabel. I don't care what temple he built in what kingdom -- that day will never come. I have my own favorites, all of which I think are adorable. Ethan, Aidan, Alec, and Dalton top the list currently. There is quite a bit of pressure to find another "D" name. I never thought that I'd be so cutesie as to name all my kids with the same first letter. But I love the idea of sending out 3-D glasses with our baby announcements. You'll have to stay tuned. I'd like to have something that is not too common. Something that is either really meaningful or really fun. I love Scottish names. I think Kelly for a boy is so cool! So I will ask of you, my friends, to please submit your suggestions in the comment box for this post. I'd like to see what you all come up with. You may NOT feel rejected if we don't use your name. But, you are welcome to publicly take credit for naming our child if you do come up with the perfect fit. Feel free to submit more than one. It will give James and I more to argue about. Please email me your ideas if you don't wish to register at google for posting your comment.
I leave you now with the most recent baby pic. If you want to see the P-G portrait that shows his gender -- too bad. We're not sharing that one until he's a teenager and we're looking to really embarrass him.


9 comments:
Congrats, Emily! So you're having your third boy in July, and we're having our third girl in July. Too funny. We were SURE this one was a boy. We picked out the name Owen for our bundle of joy. I can't think of a cuter name than Owen James. That said, it won't work for our little pink princess, so feel free to use it. Keep us posted!
congrats! 3 boys is so exciting. I will update soon with names I think you might like...hopefully not some only one of you will like, causing arguments.
Sheri
Yeah Emily! Boys are pretty marvelous, although I can't get enough of my little princess. Our baby Ben was almost Aaron.....so there you go for a suggestion. I'll try to think of some more for you.
I feel the same way you do about having them all start with D, but I REALLY love Dalton, and wish I'd thought of if first. (I will probably never get to use boy names anyway) I like your other suggestions too, though Aidan is getting a bit common. Anyway, here's to breaking the boy/girl cousin tie!
Hey Emily!! I don't have any thoughts for names, but CONGRATS!!!!! We are so excited for you guys!!!! How have you been feeling lately? If you need ANYTHING, please let me know! SERIOUSLY!
Ok, ok...I was not going to post anything because I just really like all the names you picked. But last night I was reading about the House of Israel for my YW leson and came across a name that I really liked- Asher. thinkbabynames.com states that,"It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "happy". Biblical: Asher, the eighth son of Jacob, was promised a life blessed with abundance...Asher is a very rare male first name and a very popular surname." I think Asher Michael Burneson sounds good! So there's my input. Danny thinks you should name him Bud! :)
I think you should name him Jennifer. That way James could have a kid with a girl name, but not have to have the girl.
congratulations!!! I can't wait to meet your newest little on, and I'll get right on that naming thing! Hmm...
Darin, Damon, Derek, Devon, Daren, David, Davin...
I guess these could all be spelled differently, I seem to have a five-letter affinity...
Ok, I've been giving it some thought and here are some names that friends or friends of friends have named their kids, and that I think you might like: Asher (how about that Erin, I actually know one!), Malcom, Colden, Alden, Cannon, & Blake
Post a Comment