Friday, February 22, 2008

They like me, they like me not.

It is amazing how quickly my boys can change their minds about me. Just this morning Dallin went from shouting, "It's not fair!" to whispering the sweetest "I just love you mom," within minutes. What prompted such a tender moment? An Oreo cookie, of course. How can you not love someone who's handing you a double stuffed Oreo!

Last night Daniel beautifully thanked his Heavenly Father for his mom and said how happy we are together. Moments later as I sang to Dallin in the rocking chair, Daniel shouted, "Mom, are we ever going to get the CD player fixed." (the boys usually fall asleep to some classical music, primary songs, or acoustic hymns) I realize that my singing abilities can leave a person nauseated. I am grateful that Danny approached the situation in such a subtle manner.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I laughed at Danny's comment...I think it is better however to have my child say it in that way than to have Belen cover my mouth and say --- "Mom - your hurting my ears!" Why do they speak the truth so boldly...

Laura F said...

Oreo cookies... so that's the secret!

Site Tracker

Who's Watching and Where Are You?

Stat Counter