Tara ransacked her place for all things tropical and I found some fabulous flowers and decor at the dollar store. Check out the homemade napkin rings and dazzling arrangements on the table below. Tara made sure it was authentic by breaking out the grass skirt, coconut bra (just for decoration), and ukelele. We pinned flowers in our hair and had leis on hand to welcome our island visitors.
The airline tickets mentioned a 5:30pm departure and seat #4706 (Tara's Address).
Tara and I combined forces to create the most scrumptious 3 course dinner for our men. I may be bragging a bit, but after tasting all that deliciousness - I think that Tara and I should set up an Island Mama restaurant here in K.C. and make millions.
To kick things off right, we started with some delicious frozen strawberry drinks with umbrellas, of course. There's just something fantabulous about drinking frozen yumminess out of a pretty glass with an umbrella in it.

We started our dinner with a Mandarin Orange & Red Pepper Marmalade appetizer. Addictive and oh, so tastey!

The salad was a beautiful sampling of fresh island produce (mandarin oranges, strawberries, and avocado), atop mixed greens and sprinkled with feta and toasted pecans. The best part was this gem...Cupiai's Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing. I discovered it by accident, and have declared it my new favorite. I may just bathe in it - it's that good.

Tara cooked up the most heavenly Hawaiian sweet pototoes with brown sugar and coconut. Like butta' I tell ya'. They were the perfect compliment to the Polynesian chicken kabobs and Hawaiin sweet rolls.

After dinner, we mixed up a few more frozen concoctions and watched "Six Days and Seven Nights," a romantic comedy with Harrison Ford and Anne heche. Not an academy winner by any means, but it fit the theme.

Overall, it was an incredibly delicious island getaway with great friends and a sitter two doors down. Happy Valentine's Day baby! Let's do this every ten years.


2 comments:
'cute Idea!
You gonna post those recipes?
Post a Comment