I just spent the last 20 minutes finding comfort in many of your blogs. I learned that I am not alone in my battle against laundry, that random silliness is appreciated and photographs rather well, that even you moms who make it look easy struggle sometimes, that some people make adorable newborns with a lot of hair, and that I do not have enough Jack Johnson in my itunes.
I love the escape of the blog world. It takes me away from my life and makes me laugh at the funny things that aren't so funny while your going through it all. (note to self: invest in poise pads.)
Tonight I intended to come to my blog and vent a little, as usual. Life has been stressing me out! But then I read a few blogs and got inspired. I'm gonna write about Good Things.
The good thing about husbands is they make you feel pretty even when you're not.
The good thing about eight-year-olds is that they can explain how they broke your table without sounding like they did anything wrong.
The good thing about five-year-olds is that you can become a hero by giving them a donut.
The good thing about one-year-olds is that they help you to see what wallpaper would look like if it was made out of cheerios, AND they smell like heaven.
The good thing about spaghetti is that it lasts forever.
The good thing about dental school is that eventually it will be over and eventually I will have my husband back, and evennnnnttttuuuuuuallllly we will be out of debt, but only eventually.
The good thing about finals week and the week leading up to it is the many opportunities to put the kids to bed and enjoy countless chick flicks.
The good thing about flowers is all the bouquets that can be picked.
The good thing about cute pajama pants is EVERYTHING! The stripes, the polka dots, the elastic, the pink, everything!
The good thing about neighbors here is that they rescue you, they make you cake, they challenge you, they burn things, they smile a lot, they say nice things, they share, and they blog.
Thanks friends for helping me to stay positive tonight. I'm going to bed alone, but happy.


2 comments:
I know how going to bed alone feels, trust me! I've done it so many many many times I've lost count.
But. . . like you've written, there is good in all things.
The good thing about going to bed alone is that it means my husband has a good job.
And THAT is truly good indeed!
luvs, aby
ah, Emily I love you!
Post a Comment