My fabulous friend Tara, the queen of all things fun, told me she had a night off work (a rare occasion) and this happy news prompted the most wonderful last minute girls night.
I made a few phone calls and sent out an Evite to all my darling girl friends, and to my surprise, they showed up by car loads. The emails and phone calls went out just hours before this dainty shindig, so the number in attendance really floored me.
I promised cheese and chocolate fondue, asked my girls to bring something tasty to dip and Voila! - instant party. Tara broke in her awesome electric fondue pot (which meant melted chocolate not burnt chocolate). I need to get me one of those, or maybe a little crock-pot for such occasions. The Rotel dip turned out yummy too. That is, until we got busy chatting in the other room. The fatty goodness boiled up a storm and singed a bit on the bottom. By that point the masses had consumed large quantities of tasty fondue, so it wasn't a big deal.
Anyway, thanks to all the girls who were willing to drop everything and inhale calories with me. The company was fantastic and the conversation was sublime! It was a much needed pick-me-up. Electric paddles for my sleeping social life. While mommy things were part of the discussion at times, I didn't feel like a MOM last night. I felt like a girl. A girl with a house full of awesome friends.
I couldn't fall asleep last night. I am sure that I was grinning from ear to ear as I dreamed up all the fun still to have. Check your email daily friends, you never know when the next ladies night will be.


No comments:
Post a Comment