Don't you love those people who are super positive. Those people who never say anything unkind and always have a smile on their face. Those are the people who never complain through their trials.
I am not to be counted with such a crowd.
But tonight instead of addressing the trials that I am faced with, I think I will chose to lift myself out of it. Do you ever have a night when the stress and strain of the day keeps you awake? I bet that writing a list of the things that you're grateful for can help you get to sleep.
Here goes...
I am thankful for the most perfect eternal companion. He loves me so completely, supports me, sustains me. He is a righteous husband who is a beacon of light for our whole family. He continually lights the way and guides us on the path we ought to be on. He is the source of much laughter and the remedy for the dreaded trials that life throws at us. My James says the things that should be said to a woman to make her feel like a goddess. He also makes really good breakfast.
I am thankful for 3 little munchkins that crack me up. There's a toddler who loves me the MOST right now and for that I am thankful. I love that when it's nap time, he asks for a snuggle snooze. I love the way he looks in his pea coat with his little tasseled hat. I love the charmer that can get away with murder when he raises those eyebrows. I am thankful for the bond that I share with my middle child as an overly emotional person with a tremendous capacity to love. I am thankful for my firstborn son who makes feel like I'm an ok mom. I am thankful for all his accomplishments and his many spiritual insights.
I am thankful for my home, my family, my talents, my friends, my experiences, my recipes, my tiny ankles, my blog readers who listen to me whine, my Savior, my knowledge of the Plan of Happiness, and even my trials.
My trials have made me who I am. I am pretty ok with who that is. I am a little nervous about the trials ahead and how they'll shape me. But when I think of all we've been through...I know that this next hill is just there to make me buff. I'll try to remember that when I'm breathing heavy and I think I'm gonna die. It's all just part of P90X for the soul.


1 comment:
When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed, when you are discouraged thinking all is lost, count your many blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
Way to go babe. Keep up the awesome work.
James
Post a Comment