So the last to go was Miss Kate. The pics of her move have been on my desktop for ever. DENIAL.
Kate is a happy ray of sunshine wherever she goes. This girl never says an unkind thing. Her example as a friend, visiting and teacher, and mom has been such a gift. She does all that is required of her and she does it with a smile. Kate beautifies all that is around her. I could count on Kate to deliver tasty messages with gorgeous bows. Her companionship and creativity was always a joy at craft night.
Kate's leaving was especially difficult for 2 reasons. 1) She was the last to go - the block felt so empty for the rest of the summer. 2) We said a speedy goodbye before I left to run some errands, thinking that I'd have a chance at a proper farewell when I got back. Unfortunately, we returned to an empty parking lot.
Darren still misses Hayden. On Sunday mornings, when we spike up is hair a bit and doll him up with a little hairspray, Darren shouts, "I look like Hayden!"
Kate's advice and positive attitude was a great asset in helping me through the first 2 years of dental school. Year 3 is so much better!!! I wish the girls were here to celebrate it with me. The afternoon ritual of bikes and sidewalk chalk seems to have left Riverisde. Things just aren't the same. What a blessing it was to have clicked the way we did. The days at the pool and BBQ outback, the play dates at the park and the nights of fundue, it will all be remembered as some of the best times EVER!!!










2 comments:
I am so glad that I am the first to see this and you left me with tears in my eyes. It is true that it was such a blessing to have meshed the way that we did and I fear I will have a hard time finding lasting friends like I did in KC. I miss you all so much - especially you Emily! I always loved visiting with you and you always brought such a good perspective to my days and my trials. You are such an inspiring woman and I learned so much from my friendship with you. May it last forever!!!
OHHHHH K, lets just all cry together, shall we? Holy crap I miss all of you girls! Like.....ALOT!! Emily, i'm so glad I still have you here, or I really would be completely lost. The townhouses will never ever be the same without all of you girls!!! HUGS!!!
Post a Comment