Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Great Exodus of 2011 - Part 3


On June 20th my girl Tara loaded up her moving van headed for Cape Girardeau, MO.  I spent a semester of school in Cape at SEMO and feel blessed to know that she won't be too far away.  Seriously, the girlie reunions are already in the planning.  Tara and I share a love for all things beautiful (a.k.a. Robert Downey Jr.) so I'm sure we'll be getting together in December when the new Sherlock Holmes movie comes out.



On the day Tara left, I got up early to pick up QT donuts.  It's what friends do.  Only I had a flat tire.
I was so not amused.  A flippin' tire got in the way of my neighborly kindness.  How rude.
 

The best of friends came out that day to assist in the move.  We mourned together a bit.


These guys have been some of our closest friends here.  Like family, we spent Thanksgiving together.  They helped us celebrate birthdays and brought so much priceless entertainment into our lives. 


Oh, the laughter we enjoyed with these kids!  We regularly enjoyed watching old James Bond films together.  We grilled, we played, we sewed, we even spent a night together on an island
(see Valentines Day 2010).   Seth thrilled us on a regular basis with his clever wit and wisdom.  I will never be able to watch animal planet and not think of him.


My earliest memories of Tara involve the two of us on ladders, painting scenery for a stake musical.  We shared a love for smores and silliness.  She was everything girlie and fun, from strawberry frozen yumminess to pink glitter nail polish.  My wardrobe has benefited immensely as a result of her hand-me-downs.  If you see me wearing something cute, it likely came from Tara.  Seeing Tara go was like letting go of a sister.






Darren's face in this picture pretty much says it all.  The good news is I know where to find Tara and I think she's ok with me stalking her a bit. 

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I hated the "Exodus" times of year living at the town homes... just when I made a really good friend they would move on me! but - there is always really great people that come in afterwards... I guess it is just an opportunity to make lots and lots of really good friends! love ya!

Robyn said...

Emily, you may not know this, but you and Terra were/are my absolute favorite townhouse friends! I love you! You are kind and seflless and HILARIOUS! Thanks for posting about the exodus :)

tara said...

a)i'm crying b)yes to RDJ in December c)i miss you d) i'm still crying e)please come get me

Site Tracker

Who's Watching and Where Are You?

Stat Counter