My day began just as my husband gives me his goodbye smooch and I rise to face the morning. The morning included a six-year-old who threw a tantrum because he hated the new shoes that I was making him wear. How dare I by something without cool transformers on the sides. The words, "You are the worst mom ever!" rang loudly in my ears as I poured the milk over the fruit loops. Moments later the little one let out quite a few ear-piercing screams. Apparently, he was upset that his bottle of Dasani water was no longer full. I refilled it and he took a few gulps. Then, because again his bottle was no longer full, there was more screaming. By dinnertime I was done. I was desperately in need of some space from all things screaming.
In walks James to the rescue! He took the boys shopping for Valentine's goodies and I had an hour of peace and quiet in my home. The hour was beautifully spent in the tub surrounded by bubbles, the scent of vanilla candles burning, and my favorite itunes playing. To top it off I shared my bath with a handsome bowl of Bryers Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. It only took an hour and even if James had brought home nothing more than a half tank of gas in my van, it still would have made for the nicest Valentine's gift ever!!!


2 comments:
Sometimes hubbies just know... I love those times!
We married ourselves some great guys, that's for sure! I love that you went all-out with candles and everything... you really meant business with that hour of relaxation! ;-)
Post a Comment