Tuesday, July 22, 2008

He's Finally Here





Nine months of popsicles, throwing her guts up, and contractions from 27 weeks on and it all comes down to this. Tuesday morning Emily and I woke up early, after little or no sleep, to go to the hospital. We were there at 8am to fill out paperwork and meet nurses and staff. By 9:30 Emy was in her gown and had the monitors all hooked up. I think it's neat to see when she's about to have a contraction and say something encouraging like, "Oh honey, here comes one....yep looks pretty big.....there, that wasn't so bad was it?" I'm not really sure why she doesn't appreciate that more.

Funny what happens at a hospital these days. As soon as Emily took her regular clothes off and got into the hospital gown she OF COURSE DIDN'T HAVE ROOM IN HER TINY BAG FOR HER CLOTHES. We got one of those lovely pink "Personal Items" bags. I just wonder what we could have done with those clothes if WE HAD A DUFFEL BAG HANDY!!! Sure enough after that, she remarks to me..."Gosh it's really cold in here." I couldn't believe it! I just wonder if she would have still been cold with the long sleeve shirts I packed, or the nice jammie bottoms, granted she couldn't wear those then, but I thought it funny none the less.

This is James by the way. Emily is still in the hospital recovering from a wonderful C-Section. Well after a fun time in the OR the new Burneson boy was born this morning at 10:27am CST. He weighs 7 lbs. 10 oz. and is 19 3/4" long. He latched right on and had a good long feeding before taking a little nap. Leave it to my son to come out hungry and tired. His eyes are open when he's not sleeping and he constantly looks around. Now for the kicker....

WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO NAME HIM YET!!!!!!!!

He doesn't look so much like a Dalton Hale, or Dayton Thomas. Kinda like a Dallas Michael but WE'RE JUST NOT SURE!!!!!

Well if I can figure out how to put pictures up here, you can call, email or text us your opinions. Now I'm to take a nap before returning to the hospital with the boys for their first meeting.

12 comments:

aLi said...

Yipee! That is awesome. I am so happy for you guys!!! Congratulations to Emily! Keep us updated on more info (ie. name, when you are coming home, etc.!).

Renaissance Woman said...

Wow! How amazing! Congratulations you two!!! We have been meaning to catch up with you guys. We have new phone numbers, new address, new blog, the works. I'm glad to see how well you are doing! (Emily, I still don't know how you do it!)

Renaissance Woman said...

PS - Our blog:

http://clintonandjanet.blogspot.com/

Love you guys! We miss you!

This Is Our Heaven.... said...

CONGRATS YOU GUYS!!! I bet you are sooooo glad and grateful to have him here healthy and happy, huh? I told Eran last night as i'm laying in bed just uncomfortable as can be, "i'm so jealous Emily gets to have her baby tomorrow." lol! I'm so excited to NOT be preggers anymore!! As i'm sure you are as well!! Thank you SOOO much for the update...he is SUCH a GORGEOUS BABY!!! Let us know what you name him, and if I can do anything!! =O)
LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Laura F said...

He's adorable!!! Congratulations you guys!!!! Will you be up to visitors in a month? We'd love to stop by for an hour on our way back to Utah to meet this new little "what's-his-name Burneson." Love you guys!

Brandi Hastings said...

Congrat's guys! Great job Emily! Best of luck on recovery. Can't wait to see him! Let us know about that name!

elizabeth said...

Congratulations Burnesons. Way to go Emily! What are Daniel and Dallin's reactions like? I have no comment or suggestion for a name. However I am from Dallas...

Kristy said...

Wow! Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! I heard Donavan the other day (I think after Alexander Donavan maybe??...)... I like that as a first name... but then you would have 3 d's... maybe you want that :-)

Erin & Danny said...

What a beautiful little guy! Way to go you two! Emily, guess what? YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!! Wahooooo! Can't wait to see the little guy in October.

Grandma Colleen said...

He is SO beautiful! Emily, you are one AWESOME woman and James, you are such a great Papa Bear! I can hardly wait to see you all and hold your new Miracle. Paul and I send our love and amazement.

The Wehrmeister's said...

I am so happy for you guys! Babies are wonderful! Try to sleep. I know you need it.

Susan said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! (If it's a boy and he's got that chin, we just know it's got to be a Burneson!) We look forward to seeing you all before too long.
Love, Rob and Susan

Site Tracker

Who's Watching and Where Are You?

Stat Counter