So I spend more time than is healthy, for both me and my kids, blog stalking and facebooking. I try desperately to keep in touch with all the pals we've made over the last eight years. You all keep spreading out, dashing off to a plethora of locations across the nation. Frankly, I'm quite sick of it.
I'm sorry but I really like some of you and the daily status report online is just not going to cut it!
There are so many friends and families who have really helped us to become the wacky Burneson's that you see today. There are those of you with whom we laughed our pants off, others encouraged James & I to stay together even after playing Settlers. There are those whose kids just play so darn well with ours. There are friends who we could talk to about anything and everything--things that can't be discussed on facebook even. Some of you are great friends for a movie night, others were there when a girls night was required before another day of housewifing. There are those who would drop everything and grill with us, those who always had ice cream in the fridge and a brownie mix in the pantry. I miss the friends that taught me how to make great rolls, how to quilt, how to can (even though I haven't canned a thing in my life), how to conduct music and what the heck a formata is even though I can't spell it. I love those of you who didn't mind how silly the Burneson's are and who didn't care that my laundry is never done. I am grateful for the moms that taught me how important it is to give your kids a 2-minute warning before leaving anyplace fun. Most of you taught me about the importance of service through your awesome examples.
So, I've decided you must all pack up your families and come to Burnesonville. This is not a stationary location as we are not near finished with dental school and could possibly be expected to give a couple years to an Ortho residency or repay a dental service scholarship. But, I must demand that you all just pack it up anyway and plan to relocate as necessary, in order to remain nearby.
Now I won't be unreasonable. I'll give you six months to sell your house, find a job in KC and relocate. I promise you won't regret it. This lifelong adventure with the Burneson's is not to be missed. We currently reside in the Parkville Ward of the Platte City Stake in Kansas City's beautiful Northland. See you soon.
Love, Emy


2 comments:
If only Danny could work for Medi-Kansas...we would be there in a heartbeat :).
I love you, Boo.
Post a Comment