Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Darren's Surgery - July 1, 2009


We dressed Darren in our lucky scrubs. Danny wore the same scrubs for his surgery 7 years ago.


Darren was happy to see so many shiny things in the hospital.


It's hard to be strong for your little one.


James & Darren kept me smiling and were ready to get this over with.


This is the hardest thing.
"Certainly, Stranger. You make take my baby down the hall and cut on him."
This photograph does not show the puddle in which I stood.

Luckily, our prayers were answered and our little bug did great!
Recovery was a little slow at first but his scar is already disappearing,
and his eye is no longer puffy and red.

I am so glad that I had the nerve to reject the doctors in Kansas City.
The surgeons at Children's Hospital in St. Louis were amazing!

Trust your gut, moms!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad everything went well, and even gladder for you that it's OVER!

mrsmccallum said...

What happened to the little guy???

Spencer said...

So happy for you guys!

Laura F said...

Oh Emily, I could cry just thinking about anyone taking my child away for any kind of surgery. The hardest thing I've ever done was holding Izzie when she was sedated for a painful shot once. I'm glad it's all over and he's doing well, and I'm so sorry we missed you when you were here!

Site Tracker

Who's Watching and Where Are You?

Stat Counter