Friday, August 7, 2009

Fabric is our Friend

Today I tackled the impossible. I went in to Joann's Fabrics with 3 kids. I armed myself with a package of Twizzlers and forged my way through the enormous sale. All decorating fabrics were 60% off thru Sunday -- it had to be done.

I tried shopping online for fabrics, but most of the samples that I printed off frightened my hubby. I want something bold, something artsy, something contemporary with a bit of a retro flare. James is very worried that I'll put up kitchen curtains that will disgust future generations; much like our response to the curtains hung in kitchens in the 60's and 70's.

Well I toned it down a bit and found a fun print that I love and that James probably won't hate. The color palette is a little more mild than I had originally envisioned - but I think it's a happy medium.

What do you think?


The print is for curtains, the solid is for the tablecloth, and the stripe is for placemats.

8 comments:

Emily said...

How nicely this coordinates with my blog. :O)

Erin & Danny said...

Amazing! I would never in a million years see these three fabric options and think to put them together and they look soooooooooooo perfect for each other. I think it will look really nice. I wish I had that talent, or that you lived closer so I could take advantage of your talent more :)

aLi said...

Wow, I am super impressed!!! You go girl!

Kelli said...

Oooooooooo...i love that combo. So clean and fresh and calm.

Emily said...

Oooo goody! They like me -- they really like me!

I wasn't entirely searching for compliments, but I do so love them when I find them!

Thanks, friends.

The Wehrmeister's said...

Dear emily,

I don't mind having the phrase naked 4 year old boy on my blog, but I am quite worried about the phrase

"Can we climb you in December?" being there...

Holly said...

Love it!

Ellen said...

So you!

Site Tracker

Who's Watching and Where Are You?

Stat Counter