Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Stoller Stories



Story #1 - A Tragedy

My sister, Holly, has one of those fabulous strollers that allow one kid to sit strapped in and another to sit or stand on the backside. This most wonderful invention has apparently been stolen from her happy mini-van of power. To that - I say, "Curse you evil villains!"

Story #2 - A Drama

On the same day as the above-mentioned incident, my little sister, Erin, returned from the playground to find her stroller missing. Wha-wha-what! I know, un-cool right? Luckily the Boo, as we call her, was able to retrieve her Graco stroller with the help of their maintenance staff. It turns out that some kids made it their play toy for a few hours.

I think it's really time for Erin to move out of a place like that and find a new home in the mid-west. We all love the humidity here right?

Story #3 - A Fairytale

We had been struggling with stroller complications ourselves. You see, Darren has a remarkably large noggin. It's a beautiful melon. But it is 3 times the size and weight of the rest of his body. This creates a bit of top heaviness on the part of my 1-year-old. To add insult to injury, he likes to throw his large head forward towards his feet. This is not a good thing to do when sitting in a lightweight umbrella stroller. Our little Kolcraft has been so good to us. It folds up so tiny. It was durable, well-made, and managed to stay clean no matter what we spilled on it. How could we abandon it now?

Well, for the protection of our little one and his big beautiful melon, we went in search of a new stroller with a 5-point harness. I researched and hunted until the perfect stroller could be found. Now, thanks to birthday contributions from many, we have a new member of the family.



Introducing Mia, the world's most perfect stroller. She's lightweight. She's durable. The fabric is spill-proof. The handles are the most ergonomically correct thing on the planet. The awning is massive, totally adjustable, removable, and comes with a sun-roof. This stroller folds up like an umbrella stroller, takes up just slightly more room than our Kolcraft did, and even comes with a basket underneath. Can you believe it?

When we first got her, James and I fought over who got to push the stroller. Mia has a 4-position recline, full-pivot wheels in front and back, and (most importantly) a 5-POINT HARNESS! Also the drop-down panel in the front can be elevated to provide full calf support and foot rest. She's practically a Lazy-Boy on wheels. She is simply a dream. You would not believe how reasonably priced she is either.

Holly, I realize that a Mia might not meet your needs, but she sure is a FANTASTIC stroller.

I wished that I had bought this stroller 3 kids ago. Welcome to the family Mia!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Emy,
Thanks for the shout-out! I've actually looked at that one, because at one point I was really interested in an umbrella like stroller, but that still had a canopy, basket, and recline. It would be perfect, if not for my 2 year old who is not yet ready to just walk anywhere yet.

Still, I shall envy you from afar.
Here it is:
ENVY, ENVY, ENVY, ENVY, ENVY,etc. ENVY,

Ellen said...

Welcome to Mia! Glad such a cute head is now safe from being clunked!

Laura F said...

Love it, and did you get the blue color! Let's give it a whirl when you're in town next!

Site Tracker

Who's Watching and Where Are You?

Stat Counter