I have turned a fabulous corner at the start of 2010. Even though Tuesday totally kicked my but, overall, I am a new woman.
James & I were so happy together over break. We spent a whole week perfectly trapped in our house, avoiding the 2 feet of snow outside, tickling our kids to death, and loving every minute of it!
During that week I think I learned that happiness should be a priority, that it is a necessity, and that it should be my goal to facilitate happiness as much as possible for myself and my family.
While my love for food (fatty food) does often bring happiness; it does not bring health, nor jeans that fit. And we all know that jeans that fit make us happy. So...
I'm back to the gym! I'm dragging my family with me and we're all going to be happy about it. I've been avoiding the gym because of cold and flu season. But I decided the answer is to go late in the day and scrub everyone down in the tub when we get home.
James and I walked/run just over 2 miles and it felt good. I can't wait to do it again tomorrow.
I've been staying on top of the dishes for the most part, with James' help, which is another ingredient in my recipe for happiness. I am much less happy when the kitchen is a mess.
I have been showered by 8am every day this week - which doesn't really make me happy. It just means that I'm tired from getting up so early. However, an early shower makes it possible to me more productive and THAT makes me happy!
Since I was showered and dressed quite early this morning, I decided to reward myself with a little retail therapy. The best kind of retail therapy - the kind with a gift card. I made a few small purchases at Michael's to beautify the home and to provide hours of crafting fun - 2 things which of themselves make for happiness.
I'll post pictures of the home improvement projects when their done.
Thanks for the gift card Blake & Lindsay, you rock!
I've done a lot of going without hair and make-up done, but I'm too busy being happy to care. So if you see me in the parking lot with a pony-tail and a smile for the 5th day in a row, don't judge. Just smile and know that this working for me.


2 comments:
Emily, I love you! I love your enthusiasm. Keep it up. And by the way, it's not the 5th day, it's the 6th day. Ha ha, just kidding. Emily how can anyone judge someone as awesome as you???? Don't you dare worry about wearing a ponytail, even if it is the 5th (or 50th) day in a row.
Hey, you're making the rest of us slackers look bad!
Glad you are having a great new year!
Post a Comment