Friday, June 24, 2011
The Great Exodus of 2011 - Part 2
We have been fortunate to establish our little corner of the neighborhood as a gathering place for friends. We regularly get together on three-day-weekends for grilling burgers and dogs and enjoying the potluck of sides, salads, and dessert. The food is always stellar and the company is sublime.
The big maple tree out back provides lots of shade for the adults while the little ones enjoy the kiddie pool. This year's Memorial Day celebration was our biggest celebration yet. Everyone came out to bid farewell to friends one last time.
Heidi and Kyle McClintock (pictured on the right) would load up their van the following day also headed for St. Louis.
Heidi has been the unofficial leader of the pack. She is the organizer of all things fun. Heidi heads up Park Day for all the moms, and I'm pretty sure she's thrown a dozen baby showers. She is so loving and selfless, always thinking of others and serving those around her. I will remember Heidi and the hours spent chatting poolside at Dagg Park.
I will cherish all the great conversations that we had as the kids rode bikes up and down the block. I will value most her loving example. Heidi could talk to anyone. She was a brilliant conversationalist, always including everyone in the group.
My kids adored Luke, Chloe, and Rhett. Chloe and Darren, born just days apart, have the funniest love/hate relationship. Oh how they love to pound on each other! Still, Darren would shout with joy when we saw Chloe playing across the street.
Even weeks later, my kids are still asking if Luke and Chloe can come out to play. It feels empty here without them, and Park Day will never be the same without our fearless leader.
Before the McClintocks left. I ran up the road and left them one last chalk drawing (I'm sort of famous for those around here.) Heidi was so busy waving one last goodbye as she pulled out, I'm not sure that she even got to see it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
We will take good care of your dear friends. Luke has already won my heart. I am the chorister in primary and he was so excited to sing the next song that he said "okay hit it" just before we began singing it!
Post a Comment