Danny could not have his ceremonial "first day of school" picture taken without making sure that the Star Wars backpack was in the picture.
It was so hard to send Danny back to school. I miss him so much when he's gone, and I hate how the world changes him. The kids on the playground are a bunch of Heman-woman-haters that teach him to say things like, "Boys are cool -- girls drool." I miss the little red head that used to form glasses with his chubby little fingers and sing "I looked out the window and what did I see..."
Still, it is fun to see him grow up and have such grown-up conversations. Last night Dallin accidentally scratched Danny's face. Danny then said, "Hey, watch it! This is the money maker baby!"
I love being his mom! Everyday - an adventure.


2 comments:
I completely understand when you say that you miss them while they're at school! I try not to make it soooo obvious, especially since Brynn is not a huge fan of school in the first place. Anyway, I read your post and it felt as if I was the one talking. We miss you guys, too. It's funny how after you move, that's when you realize that we should have taken more time to get to know the people we left behind...and you guys are one of those people. Why didn't we hang out more? Oh well...hopefully when you come back to St. Louis, we can hang. BTW, look for a Science Center post at the end of the week. We'll be going there with Brynn for her birthday. Isn't that the one you recommended? Gotta run! Later!
Candi,
The Science Center Rocks!!! James and I love the star bay and building the foam replica of the Arch.
Have fun!
Post a Comment