Monday, August 4, 2008

First Bath

We got rid of our old baby bath tub before we moved out here. I bought it used to begin with and it was really big and hard to store. I intended to find another infant tub out here in KC at a garage sale, but I forgot...probably because I was never in a state in which walking around neighborhoods in the heat sounded like fun.

Anyway, when we brought the baby home I realized that we needed something to bathe him in. Our sinks weren't very baby friendly so we picked up this gem at Babies R Us. After my coupon, it was only $12 and I am convinced that this is the best baby bath tub ever invented!

It's called The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn-to-Toddler Tub and I love it!

It has a mesh hammock for infants that sits as high or low into the water as you want. It attaches and detaches easily and is machine washable. It is also treated with Microban so it won't mold. The tub itself has an infant side with a reclined non-skid seat and a toddler side that's deep enough for a toddler to sit in upright. The tub also has a plug in the bottom for easy draining and the lid to the drain changes color when the water is too hot. Last but not least it is designed to fit perfectly over both a double sink or a single sink basin. Can you believe it?!!! I love it when something just works like its supposed to.

So here are some bubbly pics of Darren's first tub time. I just love bubbly baby toes!









5 comments:

Aby Runyan said...

That's one of 'em new fangled bath tubs I've been hearin' about. Yee ha!
We kick it old school here in the Runyans, I've always just used one of those giganto yellow sponges that you put in a regular tub. When you pick it up, and it's all wet, it weighs like 45 lbs. It's the same as the one my mom used! Except that now it's shaped like a bear.
Cute pics, I can't wait to see him in person!
luvs, aby

aLi said...

I use the big yellow sponge thing, too. And it does weigh about 4 lbs. when it's all soaked with water! I just got mine at Target when I had Conrad, and this one will probably have to be "recycled" when Amelia's done with it.
Have you ever heard the song "Bubbly Toes" by Jack Johnson? That's a fave of mine. It has nothing to do with bubbly toes, though. It's random.
He is a handsome kid! Yay for the first bath!

aLi said...

aaah! I meant to say 45 lbs. :P

Holly said...

I can't get over how cute that kid is! It's killing me not to smush him with kisses!

Brandi Hastings said...

Emily! He is so cute! Congrats! Hopefully we will get to see him sometime. Hopefully the boys are having fun with him!

Site Tracker

Who's Watching and Where Are You?

Stat Counter