So nobody every seems to talk about this, but I'm gonna.
I think I definitely have a touch of the "baby blues." Some of the most bizzare things have sent me running for kleenex lately. Yesterday, I was watching one of my few favorite TV shows, Everyday Food, and started to tear up at the thought that I haven't really been cooking much. I've been eating a lot of cereal and the kiddos are regularly being served PB&J or turkey sandwiches. I love to cook, and I am very aware that my kids need proper nutrition so WHY HAVEN'T I BEEN COOKING?!!!
**Okay now I realize that this is a totally insane thought and that there is no reason on earth to be crying as I watch carrot cake being made. Yet, I continue to sniffle and pray that my 3 year old will stay in his room playing with his legos and not realize that Mommy is unstable.
Just today I must have tried on every pre-pregnancy pair of pants that I own, only discover that no way was I close to fitting back into these. I then emptied my closet searching for a shirt that would hide my newly acquired love handles only to find that maternity tops were the only thing to accomplish such a feat. The problem here is that these clearly don't fit since I no longer have a round belly to drape them over--just rolls that I'd like to hide. Let me tell you how this opened the flood gates!!!
Good grief ladies. Am I chemically unbalanced or what? Who's idea was it to give new mommies a dose of the crazies right after birth? Why did this have to be part of the plan? I know Eve took the first bite, but you would think that PMS and monthly visits from Aunt Flo would have been more than enough to make up for all that.
I haven't really experienced the crying fits to this degree with my other two pregnancies. I did find that the sooner that I got out of the house and back to a normal social life, the better I felt. However, since I can't find any clothes that I would want to leave the house in, I'm not sure when I'll be able to accomplish this.
So, from my friends, I ask you to leave comments with the following:
1 - Your own crazy stories, so I know I'm not alone.
2 - Anything that will make me laugh at the insanity of it all.
3 - Cures for the Baby Blues (and don't say Oreos because that will only complicate things further)
4 - Quick and easy recipes that you love.
5 - Good sales on women's clothing around town. I'm afraid I will never be that size again. :(


10 comments:
hello...this is heather pillow. i hope you'll consider me a friend to leave a comment! i cried because i thought the lactation consultant was being mean to me! i went crazy when my m-in-law did up the baby room. i tore up the bedding and threw it across the room. how dare she make my babies bed!
Awwwh, Emily, i'm so sorry =O( I know where you are coming from! I remember bawling after Emma and Ethan were born, because I no longer had as much time for the other child(ren). I felt like a horrible mother for depriving them of my time! I think though, that I had it the worst with BriAnn. I cried and cried because I was no longer able to go to sleep whenever I wanted and I cried because eating chocolate upset her tummy. Having a new baby, whether its your first, or your 10th, is such a hard adjustment! And then you throw in those dang baby blues, and that doesn't help the situation. I'm so sorry Emily =O( My only advice is to have James watch all of the kids, even for 30 mins, and go out for a drive and watch the sunset somewhere or something. Just to get away for a minute helps so much! And as far as clothes, i'm not in the market for clothes shopping yet...lol...but if I knew of a place, I would be of more help to you! I think that you look amazing though! And i'm not just saying that!! I remember thinking on Sunday, "Dang, she looks good!!"
And to answer your question about the comment on my blog, I have had a blessing...several for different reasons. Even though the pain is still there.....I truly believe that the pain would be a lot worse if I didn't get those blessing. And just to be able to go about my day and not be on bed rest is seriously the biggest blessing!! I need to learn how to not complain so much, cause even though i'm constantly sore, I can still function. And I need to focus on that more than the pain. And the blessing that the baby is healthy and growing and every "complication" that has come up, has ended up being a false alarm
(like the gestational diabetes.) Heavenly Father has really helped me and blessed me each and every day.....and I am so grateful for that!
Geesh, sorry for the long comment! I'm here for ya my friend.....your doing such an amazing job! Call me if you ever need to talk! =O)
Yah, I got the blues after my first, but with my second I have been good. Wierd. After my first I could not find joy in having this new infant. I hated the transition to motherhood. From working full-time and seeing tons of people and saying HI with a smile a million times a day (front end grocery store worker) to sitting at home struggling with how to be a mom. Big difference there. I struggled with depression even before I had kids, too, but I think Heavenly Father knows I can't handle being depressed on top of my other worries so I feel like I am being lifted up right now. Honestly. I think Heavenly Father knows that you can handle this, and that it will only make you a stronger woman in the end (though you already are so freakin amazing). If you are ready to throw one of your children at the wall- call me. Let me see if I can help you!
OH, and why did you even torture yourself in the first place to try on your pre-pregnancy pants? Are you cRrRAZEEE? That should be against the law. For at least 6 months. All I know is I've gained almost 10 pounds since I had my girl, 3 months ago. :P
Hey there Demily!
I tried on some of the clothes I wore before you were born and none of my pre-baby clothes fit either.
Looking for a healthful, nutritious snack for the family?
Ever try a Deep Fried Dark Chocolate Milky Way Midnight Bar?
A cure for the blues??
Archivers.
I am not joking. This is my haven. Meet me there ANY time.
luvs, aby
PS - take heart girlie, you are not alone. We've all shed tears over silly things. Just pick up Darren, smell his neck and every tear will be worth it.
Emily let me echo Ali --- holy cow Why even let yourself look at pre-pregnancy pants this early?!- I wore my maternity pants for a year!!!!! I actually just bought another pair of maternity pants the other day and thought -- I really need to like these cuz I will use them until I am done nursing this baby!
I get baby blues too - I think that Brian Regan is a good cure for me -- I love laughing at that guy!!! ( I also turn to Ice Cream - but I am not suggesting that for you - it just really makes me happy :-)
Addendum ---- I only say the that I won't suggest Ice Cream for you because you asked on your post for us not to put a treat suggestion... I bet (I know..more like) you could eat whatever you want and still look like a tooth pick - you are such a cute little mommy!!!
Best solution ever: cute workout pants. They are stretchy, and instead of looking frumpy, you look like you just got back from the gym.
By the way, Aubre is right, you probably look awesome, but just can't see it yourself.
Also, you are right that getting out with other human beings is a huge help. Even just a trip to Target with a girlfriend can make a big difference. (I would go with you if I was there!)
Man, I needed this advice. My youngest is one and I still find myself crying over silly things. By the way, if you want to splurge (though they may be on sale by now) Land's End has some fabulous black pants (all kinds...capris, long pants, gauchos) that are comfy and flattering. I feel like I'm wearing jammies, but they are nice enough to were to the store and such.
I won't go into great details at the risk of "too much information" but about 4 days after giving birth to my youngest, i tossed my husband's belongings off the 3rd floor balcony of the condo we were living in. Luckily, he forgave me and i forgave him of the thing he had done to merit that behavior from me. But the moral of the story: those hormones do CRAZY things to your head/heart. "In sorrow shall thou bring forth children" isn't just about labor and deliver, but is about post-partum blues, too, i think! Love you so much!!! Hang in there!!! All too soon you will be sending him off on his mission and you'll wonder where the time went!
Post a Comment