Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Big Laughing Oaf

Okay so I'm surfing my favorite blogs while James works on the laptop over on the bed. Suddenly I look down and realize that I've sprung a leak. James hears my "Oh no." and begins to laugh.

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH HIM!!! We do not laugh at post-partum women who leak. There is nothing funny about the abundance of milk in our house. These glands have a mind of their own and I cannot be held responsible when the flood gates decide to open. It's embarrassing, uncomfortable, and it's a hassle, but it is certainly not something we need to laugh at.

I will work to forgive him for he knows not what he does. But men, don't laugh at lactating mommies. Give them a fresh towel and a neck rub. Kay?

2 comments:

Aby Runyan said...

Ohhh the leaking. The BAIN of my existence is leaking breasts. I ALWAYS wear breast pads (the disposable Medela brand are especially good) when I'm nursing. But I could still be found about a dozen times a day crossing my arms over my breasts to stop the flow.
Good luck sister, you have my DEEPEST sympathy!
luvs, aby

PS - It is a LITTLE funny though right??

This Is Our Heaven.... said...

Don't you just love the leaking?! Its the worst! My worst leaking moment was right after BriAnn was born, and Eran and I was standing in line to vote for hours while my mom watched BriAnn. My milk let down 2 or 3 times within that time, and my shirt was completely wet by the time we were done. *sigh*...the things we do for our kids!!

Site Tracker

Who's Watching and Where Are You?

Stat Counter