I am too lazy to upload all the recent pics. There are many, and some great one's at that. I have great video of Danny running like lightning at Field Day. I have Dallin posing with the cute waitress that dropped an entire tray of ice waters on him. There are new pics of Tiny that make you wonder how a kid can have eyes that big and beautiful. We have James' grad shots and some beautiful pics from our recent hike at the nature reserve.
But, I subscribe to the lazy gals club. That's right! I'd be a card carrying member, but I'm too lazy to carry the card. Sorry. There will be no pics today.
I am ashamed to admit that I have visited a number of blogs and murmured at the lack of updates. "What is up? Why are there no new posts? How frustrating!" Yet, here I sit with no updates for a month. I ask your forgiveness.
So friends, I will try to do better...
When we're not off having adventures on trails and around school racetracks, we are counting down the days until property management is a distant memory.
In the last week alone, we have seen drug warrants, vandalism ranging in the multiple thousands of dollars, mudslides associated with run-off issues, broken garbage disposals, towel racks, and kitchen sinks. Multiple tenants have given their intent to vacate, and landscapers have shattered a sliding glass door with a mower-thrown rock. There's more, but I'm too lazy to bore you with all that.
It's really time to move on.
It will be difficult to leave the home that we first brought Darren to. This is where we made our family complete. This is the place where we found ourselves, having left our parents, and charted new waters without free babysitters. We grew closer and grew up just enough to know that what we really needed was more pillow fights. This is where I stopped being such a home-body and loaded up my boys into Sally the Sienna for new adventures in a city where none of the highways make sense. This was made possible by the beautiful luxury of the attached garage (now this, I will miss dearly).
But then, I look at the way my front door is painted, I remember the KCPD helicopters with spotlights on the backyard, and think that perhaps I will run from here with a smile from ear to ear.
It has been great to see more of James - the James I knew before test anxiety and the stress of trying to get in to dental school. I have spent the last week with a James who is especially pleasant to be around. I'm not sure that I'll be able to let go again in August.
Perhaps then I will take up some new hobby. It's not likely though - I'm too lazy.


3 comments:
So...where are you going?!
Erin,
We are moving to a co-op townhome community that's about 2 miles from here. We'll be in the same ward - but in a neighborhood with lots of members. It is very much like your old place in St. Louis - heavily populated with med-students. The place is a small municipality that has its own police department and strict drug regulations. :o)
Wow, I hadn't realized how intense it got over there. Thanks so much for keeping me on as your only remaining client :-)
Post a Comment