Monday, October 12, 2009

Open Door Policy

This Burneson Family is a bit open. We aren't especially private. We often leave our front door open for a good portion of the day; primarily to let natural light in, but also to welcome drop-ins.

We don't keep much to ourselves. I think my last pregnancy test was read positive about 30 seconds before James was calling the world to announce the news.

If my kids are driving me nuts, you'll hear about it. If my hubby's pants still haven't found a home in the hamper, you'll know. If we saved for a year to buy new furniture, you'll know that too.

What can I say, we're an open book.

Today, however, we have added a truly OPEN door policy to the list. This morning I was about to take a shower (ok, maybe it was late morning - who are we kidding) when I put the baby down for a nap and locked the front door. I gave Dallin a snack and something to do and reminded him not to answer the phone or open the door while Mommy is in the shower.

Dallin then replied, "I know mom. I won't open the door. I'll just yell, 'Come In!' right?"

So, while tonight's Family Night activity was to help some friends clean a house, I think next week should be more stranger danger in nature.

I love my little Dallin. He'll make a great missionary. He has no fear (except to be alone in our basement with all the toys and the air conditioner). He can and will talk to anyone; always introducing himself with his full name, Dallin Zachary Burneson (which when said very quickly by a four-year-old sounds a lot like disease-ridden.)

He thoroughly enjoys inviting our cashier at Price Chopper over to our house to play. They usually politely decline. Dallin, the confident little charmer that he is, then says, "I have toys!" He then raises his eyebrows and gives a little trigger finger action to impress the lady. Truthfully, I don't know how they resist.

In conclusion, if you happen to knock on my door and hear, "Come in." from a little voice on the rug. You may want to call before you enter. I'd hate for you to catch me in my bathrobe.

No comments:

Site Tracker

Who's Watching and Where Are You?

Stat Counter