It has been a wonderful weekend. I love Conference weekend. I love to fill my spiritual tank with the words of our prophet and apostles.
There were many talks that spoke right to me, to my heart. I found encouragement to be better in so many areas of my life. I found motivation to do more service. I found determination to raise my children in righteousness; to teach them accountability, responsibility, and charity. I also felt a tender pat on the back for some things that I have worked hard to achieve in my home. I am grateful for the men who deliver the message of the Lord's love for us.
This conference seemed to be consistently threaded with words of love. It seemed important that we know of God's love for us, and for all his children. Echoed many times throughout Conference was the lesson of the first and great commandments to love God and our neighbor.
I have been selfish with my time lately. After three years of devoting time to a job which distracted me from home life so often, I looked inward and focused on my family. I don't apologize for this behavior. It was a good and necessary thing. However, I do feel the impression to be more service oriented. I want my children to see a mother that finds joy in serving others. I hope to instill a desire in them to serve.
Perhaps what I love most about Conference, is the affect it has on my home. My children don't always sit quietly. Coloring pages are often scattered about the living room with crayons littering the rug from corner to corner. Yet, there is peace in my home when the prophet speaks. When Thomas S. Monson says, "I love you." you feel it. His voice is so tender and yet so powerful.
I remember a time when I was not active in the church. It had been quite a while since I had heard the voice of the prophets and apostles. I was at a friends home where someone was flipping through the channels on the television. The channel flipped onto a session of general conference and I, for a moment, was pierced to my soul - not by the words that were spoken but by the sound which I recognized to be a disciple of Christ. How familiar it was and how the sweet powerful voice of that priesthood holder shook me!
I love to have that sound in my home. The twelve apostles testify of truth; of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, the Plan of Happiness, and the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the testimonies that were shared with us this weekend. I am grateful to be pointed in the right direction again with a full tank, ready to go and do.


No comments:
Post a Comment