Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I Love You Today

My son ran into my arms when he first saw me this morning. He gave me the biggest hug and smooch on the cheek. Then he whispered, "Mom. I just love you today."

Dallin loves so unconditionally. I've never seen anything like it.

I had justed stumbled down the stairs, barely awake. My hair seemed to point the way to Texas, North Dakota, and Cali all at the same time. The circles under my eyes were dark and thoroughly indicated my age. My blue, plaid, pajama pants sat crooked on my hips and clashed beautifully with my black v-neck t-shirt. As I had not yet found my way to the shower or the toothbrush, I am certain that I smelled just lovely.

But yet, this little person can see past all of that and tell me, with a refreshing spring in his purpose, that he loves me today.

Oh what this did for me! Today, no matter what happened, I knew that I was loved today. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not yesterday, but today -- I am loved.

Thanks Dal.
I love you today - each and every day!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Makes me think of a song by the Weepies. "...you turn me into somebody loved."

Site Tracker

Who's Watching and Where Are You?

Stat Counter